SUPPORT STAFF - JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
LEGAL ASSISTANT - CORPORATE /COMMERCIAL
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is seeking a Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant to work for two lawyers in our Business Law Group. A good knowledge of basic corporate law and procedures is required. The hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyer;
- Answering telephone calls and responding to emails from clients;
- Opening files, entering dockets and preparing accounts;
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence;
- Preparing legal documents in a corporate practice from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents;
- Preparation of annual returns, business name and extra-provincial registration forms;
- Drafting articles of incorporation and annual resolutions of the directors and shareholders;
- Conducting on-line corporate searches and obtaining corporate certificates of status;
- Preparing certain closing documents for corporate transactions as well as record books.
Work Experience requirements:
- Minimum of two to three years of related experience;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of corporate procedures and forms;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and solid proof-reading skills are essential;
- Experience with Do Process FastCo and Acumin accounting software would be an asset as would familiarity with franchise law.
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is located in the Square One area of Mississauga. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, together with a great work environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their application and resume by email in confidence to: Amy Delisle at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
CORPORATE LAW CLERK
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is seeking a confident, organized, self-starter to fill the position of Corporate Law Clerk.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performing a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate law;
- Drafting documents to implement incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, reorganizations, changes in corporate charter, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations, licenses, limited partnerships, business names and financing;
- Maintaining and reviewing corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, and taking appropriate rectification steps;
- Drafting complex share conditions and documents pertaining to corporate reorganizations, financings, share and asset purchase transactions and tax reorganizations;
- Conducting corporate and securities searches and analyzing filings;
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and supervise/mentor junior clerks;
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
To be successful in this role you possess:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Corporate law clerk, including experience with transactions
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- Working knowledge of Fastco
- Strong attention to detail
- A professional attitude
- Solid communication/organizational skills
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
Our ideal candidate is proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of employees and clients.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and salary expectations, quoting the job title to Human Resources: email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LAW CLERK
Keyser Mason Ball, LLP is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk with at least 3 years of experience including secured lending.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience as a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk, able to effectively multi-task, have an eye for details, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace. This is an immediate vacancy working with our talented and committed team that offers a challenging and positive work environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to handle all aspects of residential and commercial real estate transactions including secured lending, which includes preparing legal documents for purchase, sale and mortgage transactions, drafting title and security documentation, agreements, resolutions ordering title insurance policies, communicating with lawyers, clients, and dealing with post-closing matters.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 3 year’s previous experience as a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk
- Law Clerk Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in residential and commercial real estate including secured lending.
- Experience with MS Office, thorough knowledge of Teraview and Conveyancer are a must
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multitask
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Effectively liaise and handle commercial lending transactions from beginning to end with the assistance of a supervising lawyer;
- Draft, review and amend sale, purchase and commercial lending documents, agreements, and instruments;
- Independently manage real estate sale, purchase and mortgage transactions from start to finish, including, but not limited to, drafting all documents and correspondences with other solicitors through to reporting to clients, lenders and borrowers;
- Searching title, reading and interpreting title searches and determining and conducting off-title searches are required;
- Assisting with client communications and account preparation;
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients;
- Effectively manage a large volume of work;
- Other duties as required or assigned.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.