KMB Law is a young growth focused law firm in the heart of Mississauga. With two additional offices in Burlington and Markham, our team services clients across the Golden Horseshoe and beyond.
Teamwork and a shared commitment to delivering responsive and quality legal service is foundational to our practice. We value lawyers with strong communication skills and a passion for their work. At KMB Law, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging legal matters and draw on the experience and perspectives that come with working at a full service regional business law firm. Fostering autonomy and leadership in our associates and partners is important to our success. Lawyers are encouraged to pursue their individual aspirations and seek out a legal practice that is meaningful to them.
If you are seeking a rewarding career change where your contributions are valued and your personal growth and development are fostered, we encourage you to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application on this webpage.
KMB Law is a leading full-service business-first law firm with offices in Mississauga (head office), as well as in Burlington and Markham, ON. We are firm with rich history from 1979, led by a progressive partnership that is driven by a shared set of core values emphasizing both personal and professional respect for our lawyers and employees, community consciousness, and delivering unparalleled value to our clients. We have a comprehensive offering of legal services including Corporate/Commercial, Real Estate, Business and IP, Branding & Franchising Law, Wills & Estates, and including Civil and Commercial Litigation, as well as Employment Law, Family Law and Mediation.
KMB Law is seeking Construction Lawyer with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience with the legal, contractual, regulatory, and transactional issues and procedures related to construction, infrastructure, and engineering
- Negotiating and litigating all types of construction disputes
- Deal with matters including issues relating to the tender process, procurement, money due, deficiencies, liens, trusts, and negligent work
- Advise clients in the negotiation and drafting of all construction-related contracts, including design-build, construction management, stipulated sum prime contacts and subcontracts, P3 contracts, and tender and RFP documents.
- 3 years’ experience as a Lawyer within a Canadian Law Firm
- Member in Good Standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Thorough knowledge of the Construction Act and other legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within an open team environment
- Partial or full practice is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Entrepreneurial disposition is strongly desired
We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact (email@example.com).
Interested applicants, please send your Resume along with salary expectations to (firstname.lastname@example.org).