On January 26, 2022, Jonathan N. Borrelli joined Dr. Lawrence Loh (Peel Region Chief Medical Officer of Health) to review the most important health and safety updates for reopening.
Employer Considerations for Vaccination Policies and Reopening
Jonathan reviewed these important considerations for businesses when operating or reopening their business in early 2022:
- General Legal Duty to Take All Reasonable Steps to Protect Workers
- Engage Your HS Rep or JHSC, and document your actions.
- Review all policies (especially harassment, violence, accommodation)
- Be aware of new changes to the law (right to disconnect, non-compete agreements)
- Consider paid sick days
- Review your definition of “vaccinated”
- Make sure your policy is catered to your business, not someone else’s
- Importance of Confidentiality
- Importance of Flexibility
- Address consequences for failure to comply
- Address costs and execution of policy
- Vax policies supplement all existing policies
Click here to sign up for important employment law updates.
This article is provided for general information purposes and should not be considered a legal opinion. Clients are advised to obtain legal advice based on their specific situations.